Team: Product & Engineering
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria or Remote
Imagga's core technology team seeks applications for research scientist positions at either junior or senior level.
We are especially looking for applicants with strong backgrounds in image analysis & recognition; computer vision; image and video tagging and annotation, image classification; object or pattern recognition; machine learning; deep learning; face recognition; though applicants with backgrounds in other related areas of computer science and engineering will also be considered.
Imagga is one of the leading platforms of cloud-based and on-premise APIs in the world for automated image recognition, categorisation and tagging, intended for developers and businesses. Imagga's technology and services help companies make sense of their large-scale dynamic image collections and monetize them.
The job provides the opportunity to research both fundamental and practical problems and find novel solutions that feed directly into cutting-edge products and services developed by Imagga. You will be able to collaborate broadly with researchers in both academia and industry and publish your work.
- Designing new algorithms and technologies for object and image recognition and tagging, image classification, face recognition, etc and enhancing existing technologies the company has developed
- Training new deep learning models for image classification and object detection
- Everything involved in applying a ML model to a production use case, including, designing and coding up the neural network, gathering and refining data, training and tuning the model, deploying it at scale with high throughput and uptime, and analyzing the results in the wild in order to continuously update and improve accuracy and speed
- Interfacing closely with the Backend and DevOps teams as well as with data labeling services
- M.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, or a related field (for the researcher position)
- Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, or a related field (for the senior researcher position)
- Strong academic publication record
- Strong communication skills and team work experience
- Programming experience in C/C++ or Python
- Good familiarity with deep learning and neural networks
- Very good English communication skills (oral and written)
/Preferred Additional Skills/
- In-depth knowledge in one or several of the following fields: deep learning, convolutional neural networks, classifiers, face recognition
- Hands on experience with some of the following tools and libraries: Caffe, Nvidia DIGITS, Theano, Torch, Tensorflow
- For the senior position, 10+ years’ experience
What we can offer:
Imagga is one of the pioneers in image recognition, tagging and classification in the cloud and on premise, and one of the leading providers of such services in the world. At Imagga, you will have a significant career development opportunity. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Imagga’s core technologies and services.
Thank you for your interest in Imagga.
To apply for these positions, please send your CV, research statement, short list of references, and 1-3 representative papers.