Team: Product & Engineering
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria or Remote
Imagga's technology team seeks applications for a data scientist position.
We are especially looking for applicants with strong background in some of the following fields: image analysis & recognition; computer vision; image classification; pattern recognition; machine learning; deep learning; data science, statistics, data mining; though applicants with backgrounds in other related areas of computer science and engineering will also be considered.
Imagga is one of the leading platforms in the world of cloud-based and on-premise APIs for automated image recognition, categorisation and tagging, intended for developers and businesses. Imagga's technology and services help companies make sense of their large-scale dynamic image collections and monetize them.
The job provides the opportunity to deal with the gathering, curation, annotation, mining and in general creation, structuring and understanding of very large and diverse collections of training photos and videos, which are used by Imagga’s tech team for training of image recognition and tagging models. You will work on a daily basis with Imagga’s core tech, development and research teams. You will also work with some of Imagga’s clients who need custom categorisation and training by providing technical support to them.
- Structuring new training, testing and validation (ground truth) photo and video data sets for internal use and for clients. Curating and augmenting existing data sets
- Defining tasks for and managing the data annotation team and interfacing closely with the Backend and DevOps teams
- Helping with tests and validation of models with various test data
- Working with the core tech team to improve tools and processes for training models and testing their performance
- Data-oriented personality
- Good data models and applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good familiarity with and understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Good familiarity with and understanding of deep learning and neural networks
- Hands-on experience with image processing and filtering
- Experience with one of the common data science toolkits, such as R, MatLab, Weka, NumPy, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Some programming experience in C/C++ or Python
- Strong team spirit
- Very good English communication skills (oral and written)
/Preferred Additional Skills/
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- In-depth knowledge in one or several of the following fields: image classification and recognition, deep learning, convolutional neural networks, face recognition
- Hands on experience with some of the following tools and libraries: Caffe, Nvidia DIGITS, Theano, Torch, Tensorflow
What we can offer:
Imagga is one of the pioneers in image recognition, tagging and classification in the cloud and on premise, and one of the leading providers of such services in the world. At Imagga, you will have a significant career development opportunity. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Imagga’s core technologies and services.
Thank you for your interest in Imagga.
To apply for these positions, please send your CV, research statement, short list of references, and 1-3 representative papers.